Meher Baba devoted his life to awakening humanity to the reality of Divine Love. He declared himself to be The Ancient One and God to be the real Self within everyone. His Universal Message begins with the words, “I have come not to teach but to awaken.”
- To love God in the most practical way is to love our fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.
- If, instead of seeing faults in others, we look within ourselves, we are loving God.
- If, instead of robbing others to help ourselves, we rob ourselves to help others, we are loving God.
- If we suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others, we are loving God.
- If, instead of worrying over our own misfortunes, we think ourselves more fortunate than many many others, we are loving God.
- If we endure our lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will, we are loving God.
- If we understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings, we are loving God.
- To love God as He ought to be loved, we must live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as our own self.